Just thought I’d put up a quick video of what we’ve been upto in the last few weeks. Below is a video of a Microsoft Kinect powered Theremin. In this example, I’m using OSCeleton to generate the positional data, processing.org to display the blobs and format the data, and Plogue Bidule (which is capturing Open Sound Control messages from Bidule) to play the audio. The gfx are pretty basic so it works on my very old laptop, but you’ll get the gist of what’s going on!
I’ve uploaded a bug-fix release to the Mac WigWare decoders, panners and reverb. The bug fix stops crashing in some hosts and/or the outputting of not very nice sound when the plug-ins are first loaded. Please let me know if anyone has any problems….. the files can be found on the WigWare page, or below:
The University of Derby is pleased to announce a joint symposium event organised by the Creative Technologies Research Group (CTRG) and Digital and Material Arts Research Centre (D:MARC). Digital Hybridity + Sounds In Space will involve a full programme of research presentations and practical demonstrations relating to the sound and visual arts, the combination of these events providing a rich opportunity for exploration of academic, technical and creative practice research in the aesthetics, procedure, technology, perception, and pedagogy of technology-based sound, music, and intermedia art.
Sound In Space: Exploring visual and sound arts practice, the symposium will present a number of original spatial sound works including a multichannel “collaborative sound canvas” comprising sound events developed, captured, processed,composed, and assembled by students and staff of the Faculty of Arts, Design & Technology. Introducing leading edge research in surround sound technology, education and application, the aesthetics and implications of a shifting paradigm in sound creativity through technology will be explored in an intensive, immersive and playful way.
The call for papers and contributions, and full details about the joint symposium event can be found in [Download not found]
I’ve discovered that the Mac version of my reverb plug-in can cause some nasty initial sounds when loaded in Reaper (and possibly other hosts as well)…..I’ve tracked the bug down, and will be releasing an update soon. If anyone has any reports of bugs, please do let me know, as I was unaware of this one! As the PC/Mac code is identical, then these bugs are present in the PC versions too, but they just never seem to occur…..